- To see Adama Hospital Medical College being a center of excellence in research that contributes for the health of community.
- To generate new knowledge that contribute for the promotion of health, prevention of disease and longevity of life by engaging in scientific medical and public health researches
- To formulate and update research thematic and priority areas that fuels the development agenda of the nation by considering national and regional problems and relevant international trends;
- To create enabling environment for staff and students to conduct high quality, multidisciplinary and need based research;
- To mobilize resources and undertake need based research through strong linkage, partnership and consultancy;
- To disseminate the research outputs which enable stakeholders to make informed decisions;
- To link research to teaching and services thereby improving the internal capacity of the university and make research integral part of the teaching and learning process; and
- To enhance internal, regional, national and international collaboration to promote research and innovation and disseminate technology, knowledge and information.